School Performance and Results
Attainment and Progress
Pupils at Selborne make excellent academic progress and achieve very well compared to their peers nationally and locally in Ealing. We strive to be a high performing school academically. We focus on pupils' attainment and progress from different starting points. The National Curriculum sets out the expectations that children should meet at the end of each year or key phase. Our aim is for as many pupils as possible to met these expectations each year.
Progress is tracked from the point the child joins us:
- In Reception, progress is measured from a Baseline assessment, conducted within the first six weeks of starting school.
- In Years 1 and 2, progress is measured from the end of Reception and the assessment of whether a child has met a 'Good Level of Development (GLD)'.
- In Years 3 - 6, progress is measured from the end of Year 2 (Key Stage 1) and is based on teacher assessments against National Standards in reading, writing and maths.
As a school, we focus on a range of pupil groups to ensure that they are making as much progress as possible, and that all children are being academically stimulated and challenged. At Selborne, these pupil groups include:
- pupils who receive additional government funding such as Looked After Children (LAC) and those children eligible for Pupil Premium
- the most able pupils
- pupils with special education needs
- those pupils with lower levels of attainment who need to catch up to their peers
- specific ethnic pupil groups, e.g. Ealing's current focus as per the Race Equality Pledge
Each year, pupils in Year 6 complete tests in May, commonly known as SATs. These tests cover the subjects of reading, mathematics and grammar, punctuation and spelling. Pupils are also given a teacher assessment result for writing and science.
Year 1 carry out a Phonics Screening Check in June and Year 4 undertake a statutory assessment for times tables (Multiplication Check).
We are very pleased to share out excellent results with you below.
Please click on the links below to see the summaries.